ABOUT DR. ROBERT HUDSON
Founder of Relationship Therapy & Recovery
A UKCP registered psychotherapist, a sex and relationship therapist. Robert specialises in Sex Addiction therapy and recovery. A certified Sex Addiction & Trauma Specialist and CSAT-S Supervisor, he is a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and an accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT). An Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) trauma therapist and a member of the Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing Association.
Robert’s professional experience includes working with men and women in private practice. He works with individuals, couples (both same sex and heterosexual couples) and groups. Robert is an integrative psychotherapist who draws on humanistic, psychoanalytic/psychodynamic and cognitive behavioural models. He respects his client’s best interests when providing therapy and undertakes to respect his client’s autonomy. Robert actively considers issues of diversity, sexuality and equality as these affect all aspects of his work.
As a psychotherapist and counsellor Robert has experience of working with abuse and trauma, children and families, child sexual abuse and, in his social work, has worked with adults in community mental health. Since then Robert has developed a speciality in the field of “compulsive sexual behaviour, and has, successfully run a number of compulsive sexual behaviour treatment groups for individuals and couples.
- Robert was awarded his Doctor of PSychotherapy by Professional Studies for the thesis entitled Exploring the Impact of Sexual Addiction and Compulsive Sexual Behaviour on Couples’ Relationship.
- Certified Sex Addiction Supervision
- Certified Sex Addiction and Trauma Specialist CSAT-S trained practitioneraffiliated with IITAP
- London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Counselling Accredited by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy.
- An accredited member College of Sex and Relationship Therapy COSRT.
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP.
- Accredited for Practice by the United Kingdom for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- MA & Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Minster Centre and the Middlesex University.
- MSc in Social Policy and Management, Guildhall University.
- BSc Degree & Dip S.W., University of North London.
Specialism and Interests:
- Compulsive Sexual Behaviour Treatment Programme
- Trauma Treatment
- Relationship between fathers and sons
- Identity confusion and change
- Self-esteem and shame
- Diversity and differences
- Intercultural issues
- Relationship therapy
- Sex therapy and psychosexual difficulties
- Love Avoidance and Love Addiction
- Anxiety /Depression
- Addictionsdrugs & alcohol
- Male survivors of sexual abuse and sexual trauma